A 'Routined' Day: With a Crawler

Those moms who warned me not to push my baby to crawl were incredibly wise.  Those who said I would really miss those days of sitting and playing, had the best advice.  For those of you whose baby is still not crawling, it is my turn to give you the advice - CHERISH those moments.  Do not take this time for granted!

I never really imagined the difference from sitting and playing to when my baby would start to crawl.  I know I definitely took those sitting and playing days for granted, not realizing how good I had it at the time.

When Emelyn began to crawl my days suddenly got 10x busier yet more boring at the same time.  No longer do I have the freedom to clean my whole house while she sits and plays.  No longer can I quietly type on my computer as she sucks on her toys.  I am now running after her all day.  I am also needed the majority of the time to sit and play beside her.

My days as a stay-at-home mom have gotten incredibly more difficult and my need for routine-filled days has gotten even more important in order for me to not just get through my days but be purposeful throughout each moment.

The following is my example typical scheduled day for those who have a crawling baby.



A 'Routined' Day With a Crawler

6 - 6:30 am - Wake up, shower, get ready, put a load of laundry in, make coffee, etc.
6:30 - 7:30 am - Get baby up, feed bottle to baby, play together, have breakfast.
7:30 - 8:30 am - Go for a walk
8:30 - 9:00 am - Read books and get ready for nap
9:00 - 10:30 am - Baby naps while I switch laundry, do devotions, check emails, write.
10:30 - 11:00 am - Snack time
11:00 - 12:30 pm - Get out - visit a friend, run an errand, go to a program, etc.
12:30 - 1:00 pm - Lunch time
1:00 - 2:00 pm - Outdoor play (kiddie pool if its nice out) or indoor floor play if it is raining.
2:00 - 3:00 pm - Baby naps while I do a chore, tidy up, and relax
3:00 - 5:00 pm - Get out - run errands, visit, go to a program etc. and/or play time.
5:00 - 6:00 pm - Dinner prep and eating when Hubby comes home

You will notice that I do my best to wake up before baby as well as to keep my nap times more for my own time rather than simply cleaning.  Both of these allow significant 'me' times throughout a day of constantly giving to baby.  They re-energize me for when my baby does wake up.  I also find the times of 'getting out' are of utmost importance for me to not feel the day drag on.  I even find it makes such a change in my baby's attitude.

As I have stated in previous blog posts, keep in mind the benefits of writing out your schedule for the day each and every day.  Not every day will be the same and by physically writing out your schedule, your days become much more focused, productive, and dare I say, easier to get through (especially those days that feel extra long).

**If you are still in the wonderful stage of pre-crawling check out my blogpost on A Routined Day with a Pre-Crawler.  

Comments

Popular Posts